Bhaskargad Harihar Bramhagiri and DurgBhandar trek on Feb 10-11, 2018.
Grade – Medium
Endurance level – Medium
Cost – 1900/-
Harihar Fort, is modern easy name based on original name Harshgad. This hill-fort is well famous cliff for chimney style climbing and name given as Scottish fall by adventure lovers. Highest point of this hill fort is measured as 1120 meters above sea level. The Fort is in range called Upper Vaitarana range began from Fort Bhaskar or Basgad to Fort Anjaneri. Fort Basgad is seen exact in the West side hiding Utawad peak’s hill. In the East side most of view covered by Brahma hill which is little higher to this fort. Beyond Brahma we see Kapdya’s small slender hill and beyond it giant Trimabakgad hill fort. Beyond Trimbakgad we can find South ege of Anjaneri Hill Fort and Ranjangiri hill fort. With clear climate Awandh-Patta and Kalasubai range in South East and Saatmala and Shelbari ranges seen in North direction.
Basgad Fort is a fort located 48 km from Igatpuri, Nashik district, of Maharashtra. This fort is one of the fort in Trimbak hill range. This fort is near to the Harihar fort. There is one main gate on the main entrance path of the fort. The main entrance gate and the rock cut steps are carved in the same rock. There is a rock cut water cistern on the fort. There is a rough idols of Veer Maruti on the fort. It takes about half an hour to visit all places on the fort.
Brahmagiri (1298 meters)is to the west of trambakeshwar and this fort offers a commanding view of the Jawhar Mokhada region of Thane district. Trimbakeshwar itself is a place of worship because it is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. From Trimbakeshwar, through regular steps, Ganga dwar is reached and the Gorakshanath cave which is end of Trimbakeshwar. Now again while climbing down, there is a road going towards Brahmagiri towards right. Following this route one reaches the carved steps in the rocks. The steps are very good even in the recent times. They were blown off by Britishers in 1818 but later on, they were rebuilt somewhere before India gained independence. From the base
village, Brahmagiri is around 450 to 500 meters elevated.
From base village, it takes 45 minutes to see Ganga dwar, the Gorakshanath caves and 108 Swayambhu Mahadev caves and in the halfway while descending, the road towards Brahmagiri takes you till the top in around 45 minutes and almost 2 hours to see the fort completely. There are 2 temples on this fort the place which is believed to be the origin point of Godavari river. From here, the river flows till Ganga dwar and then towards Kushavart teerth in Trimbakeshwar village. One can reach this place by an ascent of about 750 steps made on concrete. There is a shrine dedicated to Goddess Ganga. The river appears here as coming out from the mouth of Nandi. Kolambika Devi temple and a group of 108 shivalings are seen nearby.
Durg Bhandar :
Durg bhandar is Situated north side part of bramhgiri Connected by a small ridge. Its one of the most beautiful fort in terms of carving the route through rock.Amazing Carved Route for getting top of Durg bhandar is the highlight of this trek.
Day 0 : Friday Feb 09, 2018.
Mumbai People please Catch *09.32pm Kasara Slow Local from CST* and meet us at Kasara
Pune people please catch 06.35pm Indrayani / 06.50pm – Maysuru-Ajmer Express from Pune station and alight at Kalyan and catch below mentioned local from kalyan.
09.32 pm : CST
09.40 pm : Byculla
09.50 pm : Dadar
10.00 pm : Kurla
10.06 pm : Ghatkopar
10.25 pm : Thane
10.50 pm : Dombivali
11.00 pm : Kalyan
12.10 am : Kasara
Day 1 : Saturday Feb 10, 2018.
12.20 am : Start Journey to base village.
02.00 am : Reach base village and rest till 5.00am
06.00 am : Start Harihar trek after Breakfast and Tea.
09.00 am : Reach Harihar fort top and explore
10.30 am : Start the descend
12.30 pm : Have lunch ( Carried by participants )
01.30 pm : Move to Bhaskargad i.e. Basgad
02.00 pm : Start trek to Bhaskargad
03.30 pm : Reach top and explore
05.00 pm : Start the descend and move to Bhramhgiri base village
08.30 pm : Dinner and retire for the day.
Day 2 : Sunday Feb 11, 2018.
04.30 am : Wake up Call
06.00 am : Start Bramhgiri trek after Breakfast and Tea
09.00 am : Reach top and explore
10.30 am : Move to Durg Bhandar
11.30 am : Reach top and explore
12.30 pm : Start the descend
02.30 pm : Lunch and move to Kasara
06.00 pm : Reach Kasara Station and move towards Mumbai/Pune
Cost – 1900/- PP
Transport from kasara and Kasara
All Meals (Except Day 1)
Expertise and Guide Charges.
Train tickets, Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Softdrinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to bank / UPI / PayTM
Please send payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086
Mahadeo – 9370080086 (WhatsUp) / 9404266855
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water and Day1 Lunch (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Proper Bedding like 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets / Sleeping Bag and Mat (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any
accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.