Midas Adventure : Bhimashankar Shidi and Ganesh Ghat Trek on August 20 , 2017
Endurance – High
Grade – Medium
Previous Trek Experience is needed or should be physically fit.
The Bhimashankara temple (one of 12 Jyotirlings) is a composite of old and the new structures and is built in the Nagara style of architecture. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The Shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. The great Maratha ruler Shivaji is also said to have made endowments to this temple to facilitate the carrying out, of worship services. As with other Shiva temples in this area, the sanctum is at a lower level.
Bhimashankar trek is known to be one of the best treks in Sahyadri ranges and this time we will be ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) & descending via Ganesh ghat to make it more interesting. The forest of Bhimashankar is paradise for nature lovers as it hosts several exotic specie of wildlife and the most famous of all being the elusive rust-colored giant squirrel (Ratufa Indica Elphinstoni) — the state animal of Maharashtra.
Meeting Point : Karjat Railway station Platform No. 1 ticket window on August 19, 2017. Saturday.
Day 0 : 19 August 2017, Saturday
Mumbai People: Catch 11:18pm CST–Karjat Fast Local
Pune People : Catch 11.30pm Chennai-Mumbai mail from Pune station
CST–Karjat Fast local timetable
11:18 pm: CST
11:25 pm: Byculla
11:31 pm: Dadar
11:39 pm: Kurla
11:44 pm: Ghatkopar
11:54 pm: Mulund
11:58 pm: Thane
12:11 am: Dombivali
12:18 am: Kalyan
01:11 am: Karjat
01.45 am: Move to Khandas
Day 1 : 20 August 2017, Sunday
02:30 am – Reach Khandas and Rest
05:00 am – Wake up call.
06.00 am – Start trek to Bhimashankar via Shidi Ghat after Breakfast and Tea.
11:00 am – Reach Bhimashankar and Explore.
12.30 pm – Have Lunch
01.30 pm – Start descending by Ganesh Ghat
06:00 pm – Reach Khandas and move to Karjat
07:15 pm – Reach Karjat and take next train to Pune/Mumbai
Transport from Karjat to Karjat
Accommodation in base village
Guidance and expertise charges.
Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet ( or any other wallet) and then transfer it to our above mentioned bank account or UPI or PayTM account – 9370080086 / 9404266855
For more Details Call / Whatsup / SMS
Mahadeo – 9370080086 / 9404266855
One has to transfer the event amount/advance into the Bank account to confirm the
Please send us an email to email@example.com / Whatsup-9370080086 payment details
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Raincoat / Poncho / Umbrella (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths / shawl
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Packs things properly to protect from rain
– Bedding / Shawl / bed-sheets (for rest)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure,
migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded
respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that
outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like
Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural
calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any
accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone
(advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.