Bhivgad, DhakFort, Bahiri Caves, Kusur Pathar and Kusur Ghat Range Trek by Midas on 23-24 Sept, 2017
Grade : Medium
Endurance : Medium
Region : Karjat
Previous trek experienc is must. Max 10 people.
Bhivgad fort also known as Bheemgad is located in the Raigad District in Maharashtra, India. The specific history of this fort is not known. A small top, couple of water cisterns, a remnant is all that this fort offers us at the top. However, easy walk and small height, nice view of ranges around makes this nice, little one day trek. This fort is a hill fort. We can see Some fortification and two caves on the top. The height of this fort is around 800- 803 feet. Vadap is the base village which is Birthplace of Nanasaheb Peshawa. There is also a beautiful waterfall that is worth visiting in the monsoon.
Dhak Fort :
This is less known and explored fort. It falls under watch tower. Many people visit Dhak/Bahiri caves, but do not go to top that mountain and that is Dhak fort. Few remnants are still there on top and fortification along with water tanks is also seen there.
Dhak Bhahiri Caves :
Many dignities of Maharashtra had visited this marvelous Cave one of them are Mr.Gopal Nilkanth Dandekar. It is also experienced from Shri. Dandekar that Lord Chhatrapati Shiviji Maharaj also visited to this religious place and offer one Golden Plate to the God. The Dhak Cave is having Two Water Tanks. There are number of utensils are also found inside the Tank which is offere to god by Pilgrims. For Climbing on the last patch of Dhak before reaching inside the Cave on the steep rock there is one branch of tree whichis tied with a small rope size branch of flexible tree. Recently, there was a phenomenon occured at DHAK Cave. A God Bahiri was seen by one villager in his dream said I am covered with something please remove it. Then the same village told all these repeated incide to his friends and villagers. The went into caves, they cramed, sang bhazzan, songs over day and night in three days. Finally, person who saw the god in dream went closer to BAHIRI Rock took one needle and touched to back side of rock to remove oil and Shendur which was stuck on rock. Immediately, with a big noice cover removed and a beautiful carved GOD Bhiri comes out. Similary they did to other two rocks also. The they found Lord Ganesh and Devi Bhavani carved on the rock.
Kusur Pathar :
This is famous pleateu for thick forest and trekkers can see variety of flowers on it in Sept. Many people enjoy it during Lonavala to Bhimashankar trek.
Kusur Ghat :
Ancient Kusur Ghat that connects Kusur to Bhivpur. There are famous 5 water cisterns on the way.
Meeting Point : Karjat Railway station Platform No. 1 ticket window on 23 Sept 2017 at 01.00am Sharp
Day 0 : 22 Sept 2017, Friday
Mumbai People: Catch 11:18pm CST–Karjat Fast Local
Pune People : Catch 11.30pm Chennai-Mumbai mail from Pune station on Friday
CST–Karjat local timetable
10:30 pm: CST
10:37 pm: Byculla
10:48 pm: Dadar
10:56 pm: Kurla
11:02 pm: Ghatkopar
11:20 pm: Mulund
11:24 pm: Thane
11:45 pm: Dombivali
11:55 pm: Kalyan
12:51 am: Karjat
01.00 am: Move to Vadap and rest for 3-4 hours
Day 1 : 23 Sept 2017, Saturday
05:00 am – Wake up call.
06.00 am – Start trek to Bhivgad after Breakfast.
Move to Dhak fort
11:00 am – Reach atop and Explore.
Have Lunch ( Carried by self )
12.00 pm – Start descending to Famous Dhak Bahiri Caves
02:00 pm – Reach Dhak Bahiri Caves
03.00 pm – Move to Kusur Pleateu / Pathar.
06.30 pm – Retire for the day on Kusur Pathar.
08.30 pm – Dinner.
Day 2 : 24 Sept 2017, Sunday
06:00 am – Wake up call.
Start to Kusur after Breakfast.
Decsend Kusur Ghat.
explore five water tanks.
02.00 pm – Move to Karjat.
03.00 pm – Reach Karjat and depart to Mumbai / Pune
Cost – Rs. 1800/- PP
karjat to Karjat Transport
Saturday – Breakfast, Tea and Dinner
Sunday – Breakfast, Tea and Lunch
Mineral water, Cold Drinks,
Food during travel.
Anything not mentioned above in inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to bank / UPI / PayTM
Please send payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086
Mahadeo – 9370080086 (WhatsUp) / 9404266855
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water and Lunch for the day1 (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths / shawl
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Packs things properly to protect from rain.
– Bedding / Shawl / bed-sheets / Sleeping Bag (for rest)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.