Chandragad to Arthur seat and Madhu Makrandgad range trek
Grade : Medium
Endurance : High
Region : MahaBaleshwar
Previous trek experienc is must. Max 12 people.
About Chandragad :
The fort was constructed by Chandrarao More of Javli and it was named after him as ‘Chandragad’. It was taken over by ShivajiMaharaj in the 17th century. The fort was used mainly to keep close watch on the ‘Dhawalya Ghat’ route. 7-8 kms from Dhawale village is Umarath which is birth place of Shri Tanaji Malusare also known as Simha (“lion”), a great worrier in the army of ShivajiMaharaj.
About Mahabaleshwar :
The history of Mahabaleshwar dates back to 1215 when it was visited by Jadav king of Devgiri. He built a small temple and water tank at the source of river Krishna. Around 1350, Brahmin dynasty took over power and gave the area peace and prosperity. In the middle of the 16th century the Maratha family of Chandarao More, became rulers of Javli and Mahabaleshwar, during which period the temple of Old Mahabaleshwar was rebuilt. In the 17th century it was taken over by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. He overran Javli and Mahabaleshwar and constructed the impregnable fort at Pratapgad in 1656
About Arthur’s Seat :
Arthur’s seat is a point at an elevation of 1340 mts. The point was named after British officer Sir Arthur Malet, who sat here and gazed at the Savitri River, where he lost his wife and children in a tragic ferry mishap
About Madhu Makarandgad:
The fort is also known as Madhu Makarandgad as it is believed to be consisting of two different forts Madhu and Makarandgad respectively. The peak of the mountain known as Madhu Shikhar which is the main attraction point. It has and forms a boundary between the districts of Ratnagiri, Raigad and Satara. There are temples of Bhairoba and Mallikarjun on the top of the hill. The top provides the views of Mahabaleshwar and Pratapgad on the North Eastern side and forts of Rasalgad, Sumargad and Mahipatgad on the eastern side. The fort is surrounded by the famous forest of Javli. The fort also provides view of backwaters of Koyna and Shivsagar dams. On the eastern side of the fort there is one water cistern in the cave.
About Pratapgad :
Pratapgad is a large fort located in Satara district, in the state of Maharashtra in India. Significant as the site of the Battle of Pratapgad, the fort is now a popular tourist destination.
Overview / Itinerary:
Day 0 : Friday
Meeting Point: Pritam Da Hotel, Dadar east at 10:30 pm Sharp on Friday night
Pick up Points: Chembur , Diamond Garden, Vashi etc along highway
For Pune People Wakad, Chandani Chowk and Katraj will be pick-up points
Day 1: Saturday
Reach Base village Dhawale
Breakfast and start Trek
Explore Chandragad and start trek towards Bahirichi Ghumti.
packaged Lunch Enroute.
Reach Bahirichi Ghumti. Rest for 15min.
Reach Arthur seat and Tea.
Move to Base village of Makarandgad.
Dinner, Overnight Stay.
Day 2: Sunday
Breakfast and start Trek
Reach atop and exlpore
Descend to base village
If time permits Pratapgad will be explored.
Start our journey back to Pune / Mumbai by 3.00pm
Cost – Rs. 3200/- PP
Dadar to Dadar or
Pune to Pune Transport
Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
Google Pay / PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
Pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to our PayTM wallet / bank
Please send payment details to email@example.com / Whatsup-9370080086
Things to Carry :
– 4 liter water (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Sunscreen, Mosquito repellent,Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Proper Bedding like Sleeping Bag and Mat / 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets (Must)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– Identity Card
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite for protection.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deodorant / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– No refund of advance amount.
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.