Dhodap Ravlya Javlya range trek
Grade : Medium
Endurance : Medium
Range : Dhodap / Ravlya / Javlya
About Ravlya – Javlya : 1251m/3987ft – 1272m/4181ft
Ravlya Javlya are two peaks in the Chandor Range to the east of Markandeya which jut out, Ravlya on the west and Javlya on the east of a hill about 15 miles north east of Dindori, Nashik. On the way to Javlya is a gate defended by the 2 towers and in front of the gate is an image of Ganpati. The gate and towers are in ruins. The hill was used as a fort during Moghal times. In 1818, Captain Briggs, who visited the fort, described Ravlya and Javlya a two small forts standing on a large hill.There were 2 roads, one leading from Khandesh and the other leading from Markendaya Fort.According to local history, Ravlya and Javlya were two brothers. One day they were working in the field, saw a woman approaching them. Each said she was his wife and the dispute waxed hot. When the woman came near, they found out the woman as their sister. Ashamed of their fight, they made a fire in the field and jumping into it were both burnt to death. To complete the sacrifies, Sister also jumped into the fire. In honor of their self-devotionthe two peaks and a tree sprung up.
Thus named Ravlya nd Javlya.
About Dhodap : 1472m/4829ft
One can see experience the vast ruggedness of Sahyadri. We can see Dolbari range,Selbari
range,and adjoining forts of Ahivant, Mohandari, Kanhera, Ekhara peak, Kanchana, Koldher,Rajdher,Indrai.Dhodap comes in proximity of BAGLAN range and is known for large number of forts which are very less explored. This forts of Sahyadri could show chilling nights even in summer. Dhodap is 2th highest fort in Maharastra after Salher fort.
The top of the fort was built using a combination of dressed stone and brickwork. There is a tank with an idol of Lord Hanuman and a tunnel 5m wide. The fort has a pointed cliff named Shembi. One can find caves at the base. One end of the fort shows a domical structure.
The eastern face shows a fearsome cliff named Ikhara which is ideal for rock climbers.One temple situated in one of the caves is in good condition. A few other caves are also seen around and are quite big in size. Also the trunk of Dhodap fort is in good condition. One of the most interesting things is that there is a “cow of stone” moving inside this hill. It’s heard by the peoples in the nearby villages that on every Vasubaras, this cow moves inside by the distance of four grains. The fort played an important role during the Peshwa period. It was here that Raghobadada Peshwa hatched a plot against Madhavrao Peshwa. During return travel from the second invasion from Surat, Shree Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj had visited here, presumably for keeping the treasure. A few days later, the battle of Dindori took place.
Overview / Itinerary:
Day 0 : Friday
Mumbai people please Catch 10.50pm Kasara Local from CST and meet us at Kasara
Pune people please catch 06.35pm Indrayani / 06.50pm – Maysuru-Ajmer Express from Pune station and alight at Kalyan and catch below mentioned local from kalyan.
10.50 pm :CST
10:57 pm: Byculla
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:13 pm: Kurla
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:34 pm: Thane
11:57 pm: Dombivali
Day 1: Saturday
00:07 am: Kalyan
01:18 am: Kasara
04:00 am: Reach Dhodap Base village and rest for couple of hours
06:00 am: Wake-Up Call. Breakfast and Tea.
06.30 am: Start trek to Dhodap.
09.30 am: Reach Dhodap top and explore the fort.
12.00 pm: Lunch time
01.30 pm: Descend to Mulane
05.30 pm: Reach Mulance
08.30 pm: Dinner and retire for the day.
Day 2: Sunday
05:00 am: Start Early after having breakfast at mulane village
07:30 am: Reach Javlya fort and explore
11:00 am: Reach Ravlya fort and explore and descend
02:00 pm: Lunch at Mulane.
03.30 pm: Start return Journey to Kasara.
06.00 pm: Reach Kasara and catch local for Mumbai.
Cost – 2600/- PP
Transport from kasara and Kasara
Expertise and Guide Charges.
Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
Google Pay / PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
Pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to our PayTM wallet / bank
Please send payment details to email@example.com / Whatsup-9370080086
Things to Carry :
– 3 liter water (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Sunscreen, Mosquito repellent,Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Proper Bedding like Sleeping Bag and Mat / 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets (Must)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– Identity Card
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite for protection.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deodorant / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– No refund of advance amount.
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.