Midas : Harihar thrilling trek on August 20, 2017
Type: Hill Fort
Endurance Level: Medium
Height: 3676 Ft.
Base Village: Nirgudpada
Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical (90 degrees). The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one metre wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort. There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase (main entrance) we walk thru below a overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs (with niches), then pass thru a staircase inside the rock (like Peth-kothligad fort) and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called ‘Scottish kada’, perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway station by 01.20am on Sunday August 20, 2017
Mumbai people : please Catch 10.50pm Kasara Fast Local from CST and meet us at Kasara.
Pune people : Please catch 06.35pm Indrayani / 06.50pm – Maysuru-Ajmer Express from Pune station and alight at Kalyan and catch below mentioned local from kalyan.
Day 0 : Saturday, August 19, 2017
10.50 pm: CST
10:57 pm: Byculla
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:13 pm: Kurla
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:34 pm: Thane
11:57 pm: Dombivali
Day 1 : Sunday, August 20, 2017
00:07 am: Kalyan
00:20 am: Titwala
00.40 am: Asangaon
01.18 am: Kasara
Travel to Base village via Private transport
Reach base village by 3.30am and rest till 6.00am in Vehicle
07.30am : Trek Start after Breakfast and Tea
09.30am : Reach Top and Explore the fort
11.30am : Start descend
02.00pm : Lunch at Nirgudpada
05.30pm: Reach Kasara
Cost – Rs. 850/- PP
It Includes :
Transport from Kasara to Kasara
Breakfast, Tea and Lunch.
Train tickets, Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to bank / UPI / PayTM
Mahadeo – 9370080086 (WhatsUp) / 9404266855
Please send payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Raincoat / Poncho / Umbrella (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths / shawl
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Packs things properly to protect from rain
– Bedding / Shawl / bed-sheets (for rest)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin-tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heat stroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure,
migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physician’s advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded
respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that
outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like
Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural
calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any
accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone
(advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.