Kaladgad Shirpunje_Bhairavgad Kunjargad and Kothale_Bhairavgad trek by Midas on Feb 3-4, 2018
Grade – Medium
Endurance level – Medium
Cost – 2450/-
Kunjargad is a remote fort located in Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra, India. It is located in the Harishchandragad range. The fort top is 1400 meter above MSL. The fort is named as Kunjargad due to its shape is like a large elephant. In Sanskrit, Kunjar means elephant. The fort is also locally called as Kombad killa.The fort is accessible from north from Vihir village. Vihir village is located in Mula river basin. The climb is steep and takes about 2.5 Hrs, for average climber. The fort is also accessible from another village, Phopsandi located in the hills south of the fort, in Mandvi river basin.
This fort (1145 mtrs) is believe to be ancient and almost 2500 years old. This fort has only few ruins and remains on the top. There are two big caves on the top in which one cave is a shrine of Lord Bhairavnath and another cave is used for residence purpose. There are many water tanks on the top. The idol in the cave is very good carved painted and is well maintained by the villagers.
Kaladgad : 3300 ft
The base village of this fort is Pethewadi which is 07 kms from Pachnai. The accessible route to the fort is about 05 kms from Pachnai. This can be easily identified due to a cement structure built by the forest department. One can reach till here by foot or by one’s private vehicle. The ridge of the fort hill runs North-South direction and from here one has to start the ascend. A 10 minute walk gets us to an open space where couple of stones can be seen painted with vermillion. Rock cut steps from here take us to the rock cut holds in about 30 minutes. This ascend is bit tiresome. These rock cut holds are very narrow and cut diagonally enough to accommodate only one foot. Extreme caution has to be excercised while ascending this rock patch. After this climb we come across Bhairoba’s cave which is carved in rock and sits below ground level. In this cave there is an idol of Bhairoba painted in vermilion. There are 2 sculptures of snakes outside.
After visiting this one has to proceed towards south on the narrow path by keeping the valley to the left and the fort hill to the right. A 5 minute walk leads to two water tanks carved in rock which are now filled with fallen rocks. Proceeding further there two large rocks round in shape and a small temple named as “Vetal cha Challa”. From here, head back to water tanks and another route from here leads to the fort summit in about 5 minutes. The fort summit is narrowing to the south and broad to the north. Harishchandragad can be seen to the east.
Bhairavgad (Kothale) :
It is small fort built near Harishchandragad in Nagar district at height of 3465 ft. It was mainly built to keep an eye on route going to Harishchandragad and further to Konkan via Tolar khind pass. The architecture of this fort indicates that it must have been built in the same era as Harishchandragad fort.
The mountain range start from Kothale village where at first there is a hill with the shape of a Shivlinga. This hill is named as Kolatha. Next to it there is a peak after which there is Bhairavgad with a flat surface and another peak named “Gadhavacha Dongar” which literally means Donkey’s hill. All these peaks are visible from Kothale village. Lord Bhairoba on the fort is the local deity. Villagers go barefoot from the second ladder on the fort. Every year in the Hindu month of Chaitra a religious procession is conducted here.
Day 0 : Friday Feb 2, 2018.
Mumbai People please Catch *09.32pm Kasara Slow Local from CST* and meet us at Kasara
Pune people please catch 06.35pm Indrayani / 06.50pm – Maysuru-Ajmer Express from Pune station and alight at Kalyan and catch below mentioned local from kalyan.
09.32 pm : CST
09.40 pm : Byculla
09.50 pm : Dadar
10.00 pm : Kurla
10.06 pm : Ghatkopar
10.25 pm : Thane
10.50 pm : Dombivali
11.00 pm : Kalyan
12.10 am : Kasara
Day 1 : Saturday Feb 3, 2018.
12.20 am : Start Journey to Kunjargad Base base village.
03.30 am : Reach base village and rest till 5.30
06.30 am : Start Kunjargad trek after Breakfast and Tea.
09.30 am : Reach Kunjargad fort top and explore
11.00 am : Start the descend
01.00 pm : Have lunch
03.00 pm : Move to Kothale Bhairavgad
03.45 pm : Start trek to Kothale Bhairavgad
04.30 pm : Reach top and explore
05.30 pm : Start the descend and move to kaladgad base village
08.30 pm : Dinner and retire for the day.
Day 2 : Sunday Feb 4, 2018.
04.30 am : Wake up Call
05.15 am : Start Kaladgad trek to witness sunrise
06.30 am : Reach top and explore
08.30 am : Start the descend
09.15 am : Breakfast and Tea.
10.30 am : Move to Shirpunje bhairavgad
11.30 am : Start trek to Shirpunje Bhairavgad
01.00 pm : Reach top and explore
02.30 pm : Start the descend and move to Kasara
06.00 pm : Reach Kasara Station and move towards Mumbai/Pune
Cost – 2450/- PP
Transport from Kasara and Kasara
All Meals (Except Day 1)
Expertise and Guide Charges.
Train tickets, Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to bank / UPI / PayTM
Please send payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086
Mahadeo – 9370080086 (WhatsUp) / 9404266855
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water and Day1 Lunch (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Proper Bedding like 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets / Sleeping Bag and Mat (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.