Koleshwar Kamalgad and Pandhavgad trek on Dec 01-02, 2018
Grade – Medium
Endurance level – High
Previous trek experience is must. Max 12 people.
Cost – 2600/- PP
Koleshwar is another huge mountain plateau that stretches as long as Mahabaleshwar. The top is wonderful and large with a variety of scenery: grassland meadows, fern-filled expanses, dense forests. The views are wonderful too. On the large top there few families stay isolated from modern life.
Kamalgad : 4200 ft
Kamalgad i.e lotus fort, also called Bhelanja or Kattalgad i.e death fort is a square hill fort.
It is flat and 3-4 acres in size. It is surrounded by steep rock and can only be reached by perilously scaling this rock. Earlier, the approach was by an artificial tunnel, which started at the base of the rock and emerged on the top. Now this tunnel is blocked by a big rock which fell into it and was never removed. There are no buildings on the top nor walls of any kind or even a gateway, which is unusual for a fort in this area. Likely, its height and steep rock around it provided it with enough protection.
The only structure on the top is a hole which is the remains of a well sunk right through the rock, into the soil below which still has water. The hole is eighteen to twenty feet deep. The sides of the well which were formed of the natural rock were reported to have contained recesses in which criminals were placed. They had to choose between starvation and drowning. However, none of the recesses can be discerned today. Some reports indicate that this ‘hole’ might have been a quarry for red stone (geru) which is plentiful in this region.
During the Maratha period, all forts in the region were under the supervision of a mokasaddar. Later on under the British rule, the Kamalgad Fort was used to detain and execute prisoners of war.
Pandavgad : 4177 ft
Fort was built by King Bhoj II of the Shilahar Dynasty. This fort was formerly under the rule of Adilshahi. The fort was taken by Shivaji Maharaj in 1673 AD but in 1701, Aurangzeb captured the fort. The fort was an important line of defense in the battle between Trimbakji Dengle and the British in 1817 AD.
The fort is about six acres in extent and is a square shaped structure. Its defenses consist of a slope of forty to sixty feet high along with several strong masonry ramparts surmounted by a huge wall. The main feature of this fort is that it has the natural protection of a sharp rock which is about 6 m high. All the buildings in the fort except the temple of Pandjai Devi are in ruined state.
The fort possesses 18 ponds which used to supply water to the residents, now only three ponds possess water. On the top a large pond on the eastern part is blocked with silt. To the north of the main gate, down the shoulder of the hill is a group of small rock cut water tanks which are not maintained well.
Itinerary: Dec 01-02, 2018
Day 0 : Nov 30, 2018. Thursday
Meeting Point: Pritam Da Hotel, Dadar east at 10:00 pm Sharp on Nov 30, 2018
Pick up Points: Chembur , Diamond Garden, Vashi etc along highway
Day 1: Dec 01, 2018. Saturday
03.30am – Reach Base village of Pandavgad
Rest till 05.30am
wake up call
06.30am – Breakfast and Tea
07.00am – Start Trek to Pandavgad and reach top in 2 hour.
Descend and reach base village for Lunch
01.00pm – Lunch
02.00pm – Move to base village of Kamalgad
03.00pm – Start Kamalgad trek.
05.30pm – Reach top and Explore Kamalgad
Sunset from highest point of Kamalgad
Dinner, Overnight Stay.
Day 2: Dec 02, 2018. Sunday
Wakeup Early before sunrise
Breakfast and Tea
06.30am – start trek to explore Koleshwar
10.00am – Reach Koleshwar
11.00am- Descend to Jambhali
01.30pm – Lunch
Start our journey back to Pune / Mumbai by 2.30pm
Cost – Rs. 2600/- PP
Dadar to Dadar or Pune to Pune Transport
Mineral water, Cold Drinks,
Food during travel.
Anything not mentioned above in inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
Google Tez / PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to bank / UPI / PayTM
Please send payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086
Mahadeo – 9370080086 (WhatsUp) / 9404266855
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Proper Bedding like 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets / Sleeping Bag and Mat (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.