Midas Adventure : One day Monsoon Trek to Mahuli fort on 13 August 2017.
Type: Hill forts
Height: 2815 ft
Grade: Easy to Medium
Region : Asangaon
The mountain with many pinnacles is known as Mahuli. Mahuli is divided into three parts – northern one is Palasgad, Mahuli in the middle and Bhandargad on the southern end. The creator of this fort is unknown. In 1485 this place came under rule of Malik Ahmed who was the founder of Nijamshahi. When Shahaji Raje became the secretary of Nijamshahi, Adilshahi and Mughals of Delhi together tried to end Nijamshahi. In the year 1635-36, in difficult circumstances Shahaji Raje transferred himself with Jijabai and Shivaji to Mahuli. Khan Jaman, son of Mahabat Khan beleaguered this fort. Shahaji Raje asked for help to Portuguese. They refused and Shahaji Raje surrendered himself. Shivaji took this fort from Mughals on 8 Jan 1658. In 1661 it was given back and was won again by Shivrai. In treaty of Purandar, in 1665, Marathas lost these forts again. The Moghal sardar Manohardas Gaud was the in charge of this fort. He did much construction on the fort. In Feb 1670, Shivaji Maharaj tried to conquer Mahuli, but failed. Thousand of Marathas were killed by Moghals. It was a bad blow to Marathas. Even after this victory, Manohardas Gaud, the chief of the fort gave up his position and a new chief Alveerdi Beg was appointed. On 16 June 1670, after two months, Moropant Pingle conquered the forts and Mahuli, Bhandargad and Palasgad became part of Swarajya.
Meeting Point : Asangoan railway station at 07:25 AM Sharp on 13 August 2017.
Sunday, 13 August 2017.
Catch CST Kasara slow local –
05:14 am : CST
05:32 am : Dadar
06:10 am : Thane
06:32 am : Dombivali
06:41 am : Kalyan
07:20 am : Asangaon
07:45 am : Move to Mahuli base village by Auto / TumTum / Sumo / Pickup
08:15 am : Breakfast
09:00 am : Start trek
12:30 am : Reach chota Mahuli
12:00 pm : Lunch
02:30 pm : Start descend
05:30 pm : Mataji’s ashram for tea- refreshment
06:00 pm : Move to Asangoan railway station.
Cost – Rs. 600/- PP
It Includes :
Transport from Asangoan to Asangoan
Breakfast and Tea
Train tickets, Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet ( or any other wallet) and then transfer it to our above mentioned bank account or UPI or PayTM account – 9370080086
For more Details Call / Whatsup / SMS
Mahadeo – 9370080086 / 9404266855
One has to transfer the event amount/advance into the Bank account to confirm the
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086 payment details
Things to Carry :
– Carry Lunch for the day (Must).
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Raincoat / Poncho / Umbrella (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths / shawl
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Packs things properly to protect from rain
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin-tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heat stroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure,
migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physician’s advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded
respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that
outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like
Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural
calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any
accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone
(advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.