Midas : Sadhale Ghat, Kaladgad to Ajoba top from Kumshet range trek on Nov 03-04, 2018
Endurance – High
Grade – Medium
Previous Trek Experience is needed or should be physically fit.
Cost – 2200/- PP
Kaladgad : 3300 ft
The base village of this fort is Pethewadi which is 07 kms from Pachnai. The accessible route to the fort is about 05 kms from Pachnai. This can be easily identified due to a cement structure built by the forest department. One can reach till here by foot or by one’s private vehicle. The ridge of the fort hill runs North-South direction and from here one has to start the ascend. A 10 minute walk gets us to an open space where couple of stones can be seen painted with vermillion. Rock cut steps from here take us to the rock cut holds in about 30 minutes. This ascend is bit tiresome. These rock cut holds are very narrow and cut diagonally enough to accommodate only one foot. Extreme caution has to be excercised while ascending this rock patch. After this climb we come across Bhairoba’s cave which is carved in rock and sits below ground level. In this cave there is an idol of Bhairoba painted in vermilion. There are 2 sculptures of snakes outside.
After visiting this one has to proceed towards south on the narrow path by keeping the valley to the left and the fort hill to the right. A 5 minute walk leads to two water tanks carved in rock which are now filled with fallen rocks. Proceeding further there two large rocks round in shape and a small temple named as “Vetal cha Challa”. From here, head back to water tanks and another route from here leads to the fort summit in about 5 minutes. The fort summit is narrowing to the south and broad to the north. Harishchandragad can be seen to the east.
Day 0 : Friday. Nov 02, 2018
Meeting Point : Kalyan ST stand Ticket Counter @ 10.30pm on Friday Nov 02, 2018
Pune people please catch 06.35pm Indrayani / 06.50pm – Maysuru-Ajmer Express from Pune station and alight at Kalyan
Day 1 : Saturday. Nov 03, 2018
Travel to Murbad by Bus and jeep journey till Bailpada from Murbad.
02.00am – Reach Belpada and rest for 2 hours.
04.15am – Wake-up call. Breakfast and tea.
05.30am – Start Sadhale ghat trek.
01.00pm – Reach Top and move to Kaladgad base and Lunch.
02.00pm – Hike Kaladgad
03.00pm – Reach top and Explore.
04.00pm – Descend to Kumshet
06.00pm – Reach Kumshet
08.00pm – Dinner and retire for the day
Day 2: Sunday. Nov 04, 2018
05.00am – Wake-up call. Breakfast and tea.
06.30am – Hike towrads the Ajoba Top
09.00am – Reach top and explore massive view of shayadri range from Kalsubai to Harishchandragad
10.30am – Descend to Kumshet
01.00pm – Lunch
02.30pm – Start our return journey.
05.30pm – Reach Kasara and disperse
09.00pm – Reach mumbai / Pune
Cost – 2200/- PP
Transport from Kalyan to bailapada and Kumshet to Kasara.
Any kind of insurance, Softdrinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Proper Bedding like 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets / Sleeping Bag and Mat (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.